Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day

We had a great night! Patsy and Rosie were pushing organic homemade zucchini pasta and sauce. They also had a dessert ...chocolate, figs, dates, no sugar. Mmmmmm. I brought home grown tomatoes, which the table helped us eat. I'm glad to see the grilled cheese rebellion has called a cease fire for the moment. Mom ate slowly, but well.

Mom's attitude is very positive, her movement in her left leg is much improved, as I noticed when we were showering. She is easily brushing her teeth and taking care of her dentures. The staff is still minimal. The poor girl was all by herself tonight. Seems Mondays are always short-staffed. I will make sure I'm there every Monday to assist with showering.

I was really pleased to see the bladder med(?) is working. I assume that she is on it....dindn't have a chance to catch the nurse. All I know for sure is that the cath is not in use...hoorah! I am so happy about this....it is a big deal to mom, self-image somewhat recovering on that front.

Thank you all for the great work lately...I think the home cooked food and outings are making all the difference!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home