Sunday, August 13, 2006

More gray hairs...

On me, that is. mom had a wonderful morning in that she had all of us over, including Kris' family, Lisa's family and Mike and I. She enjoyed our homemade quiche, real potato salad, some chips, and cofee cake. we had perfect weather, there was harmonica and guitar, a photo of Susi's new pool, and a photo of Toby in his new house. All this seemed like it might pick her up a bit, but that was temporary. we got back to the room, was very tired out, and lethargic. Depression, pain, typical stroke behavior, don't know. My hair is getting grayer by the minute! One consolation, she ate well. She thought it was realy funny that I was telling her she might be getting too skinny. She has told me that almost all my life, even when I am plump. Joanne Johnson came by too, and we were elevating very swollen legs....no Ted hose on. Went to lie down, no sling in room. lisa and I got to room staff meeting tomorrow with doc, Barbara, and new case worker. We spoke with nurse on duty...Carolyn....was very understanding, gave us Barbs boss' phone number in case we can't get anywhere with Barb. Lisa and I did the slide board with mom. She could hardly keep her eyes open long enough to get through it. Don't know if she is sleeping poorly, or meds are getting in her way? Is she so depressed that she isn't trying, or is she just having a bad week? We are all getting anxious to see her having such a hard time. I feel that our prayers are falling on deaf ears, so to speak. Men have always been hard of hearing anyway...I suggest we take a homeopathic approach, beef up her nutrition right away. good idea Susi, about the shakes with protein powder. Sara says cut her some slack, she could use it. Mom says the air in the dining room is freezing them all out. If you are there at or before dinner, can you all check to make sure she has her shawl or a jacket for her shoulders. We'll see what the meeting brings tomorrow. Jokes and good cheer welcome! Meanwhile, the gray keeps gaining ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home