Monday, August 28, 2006

Same old, same old

Incompetence is here to stay....the aid left an hour early at 7 pm tonight , no one bothered to tell us, or ask if we were still needing a shower, which we were. I had to talk to the desk and request a shower in the morning. The psychologist told mom she is ready to go home tomorrow ! ? What? I had a message on the machine that her meeting was rescheduled from today till this Wednesday. It makes no sense. She also was measured for a chair at Marianjoy which we have not received yet. Supposably, they give it to you upon your release, so I guess they expect her to fly herself home. I for one will be needing a full time shrink to decipher all the BS...I will not be writing a letter of recommendation either.


Mom is improving, eating well, but slow, having trouble only with meat it seems. Her facial expressions are very even, and she seems to chew easier. She had her yogurt with breakfast today, and another one showed up on her neighbor's dinner tray tonight, (mysterious, no?) Her posture was good today, no nap, a bit tired. She brushed her teeth no problem, rinsed, and we put the ball game on. She and I talked about Dad tonight. She's angry with him on one level. She says it was her turn, not his....She is working through it though. Her psychologist assured her that these feelings are fairly common for one who has been widowed. Her attitude in general is very good I think. She talks more often about returning home.

On the brighter side, Sonia and Dick and Elinor were visiting today. Thank you and keep up the visits, please. Lisa is hard-pressed this week, as Kris and I are both leaving to go to S. Carolina for Susi's 40th. I leave tomorrow, Tuesday, Kris leaves Wednesday, and John leaves friday as John and Kelly have an anniversary trip planned. Lisa can use all the help she can get as her boys are back in school and the sports schedule is grueling. I return Sunday night 9/4 so I will be around on Labor Day to relieve Lisa somewhat. There will be no therapies on the holiday, so visitors are encouraged.



I got mom two new herbal teas, Detox tea is supposed to help with swelling, and a chocolate flavored tea as well. Feel free to share a cup of tea when you are there!

Till next time...Karla
Kelly's bday gift is sitting on top of the hutch for the next time John and Kelly stop by. I worry that it will walk off....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home