Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday, July 2

I arrived to find mom with Peg, waiting for me to go to church. Just like the old days, we arrived slightly late. After church, Peg, mom, myself and Ginger had lunch on 2nd Floor and really spread out. Ginger and mom have a lot in common...knitting, gardening, sewing...but she's a Methodist, so she didn't join us for mass. Mom ate well and by herself. Her sugar was about 160ish...staying lower more consistently.

Mom seems stronger, speaking more and more, as long as the pace isn't rushed, she's not self-conscious. She speaks highly of the staff, especially the physical therapists and the speech therapist. She was in perfect, witty form allright today...she kept itching her leg, so I suggested she write, stretch her arm, do something to take her mind off scratching. She made a cute little rhyme, which went, "Whenever I itch , it makes Karla bitch". She had another one which was less profan, but I don't recall.

Monday is a regular therapy and schedule day, but she may have that bladder test. Tuesday the 4th, I plan on going in the morning to bring treats for the staff, and to see therapy. Kris is going at dinner time.

She would like to try sleeping on her side to alleviate back pain, so ask her if that was successful or not. I said I could ask the nurse to help position her, and she insisted she could do that for herself.

We had a nice long visit. She really is looking better and better!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very happy to hear about the visits yesterday of Kris and Karla and of how she is doing. It sounds like she is really making progress. Rosie

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home