Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday night visit

hi everyone,

Very good visit. Mom sounded like herself , looked good, ate well, had her leg elevated and her teeth in. She and her roommate were kibbitzing in the hallway as we arrived. Peg was just leaving, and it's great to see her getting so much personal attention. I know it helps her feel less isolated. I'd like to thank all of you who have been sending letters, cards, notes, and photos. Keeping her in touch with the world is easier with all your support, and no doubt very important. She said "they've decided I still have my mind" and we agreed that was pretty nice of them.

Her sugars are hovering just about 200 daytime and 160ish at evening...should be getting better as mobility increases. She likes all her therapists, and says they work their butts off. She insistsI bring bakery treats on Sunday morning.

We talked about discharge date, she asked if we had heard. I told her what they told us....end of month, but every week, they reaccess and that's just a guess. Don't put a lot of stock in it, and don't let it bother you if it changes. She said they told her that the longer they keep you there reflects how much potential you have. What a good way to think about it! The positive thing is that she is planning on getting herself home. She realizes she will need help, and said she'll hire someone. Good to know she is thinking forward and longterm. It is truly a ray of sunlight that she has such a clear head and she will be able to make many decisions for herself.

Test was rescheduled for Monday (I think) and she is hydrating as much as possible in the meantime. dr. Chidouri is unfortunately leaving us, and Dr. kredter (sp?) is starting tomorrow. Lisa, you'll probably want to see if you can get her contact info for Sara. Monday is a regular therapy day, but Tuesday the 4th is not. It's a day off, so she may need extra visitors.

Mike and I left at eight, and mom was sitting up comfortably with Ginger, talking and reading.

What an inspiring visit! I feel much better!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your notes sound wonderful. It sounds like Elaine is doing very well and making good progess.

I had physical therapists for 3 different purposes, and I think the world of them. I think they can almost do "miracles."

Rosie

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your notes sound wonderful. It sounds like Elaine is doing very well and making good progess.

I had physical therapists for 3 different purposes, and I think the world of them. I think they can almost do "miracles."

Rosie

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home